Ready for Rude Thanksgiving?
14 days ago·
14 days ago·
Gobble gobble! Thanksgiving is coming up quickly next week! How are you planning on spending it this year? Whether you are having dinner with family, in the kitchen preparing all day, going out with friends, or just lazing around at home, make sure you get the perfect Thanksgiving glam no matter your plans.
Thanksgiving Smokey Eye and Long Lasting Dark Lip
- Start off by preparing the skin with your usual skincare and primer. Take care to apply a shine control or mattifying primer if you are going to be sweating away in the kitchen or going out.
- Apply your foundation and concealer of choice. Dust off any shine with the Shine Crime powder, and keep on hand for touch ups throughout the day/night.
- Apply a warm coral peach blush to the apples of the cheeks, blending up along the top of the cheekbone.
- Prime the eyelids with the Prelude Eye Primer. Let dry, then take some of the blush color up to the eyelid and temple area.
- Continue by applying bronzer/contour and eyebrow product of choice. We have been loving fluffy, combed up brows and soft, subtle bronzer.
- Take your favorite warm neutral eyeshadow palette, (we grabbed the Be Square palette in Dorky) and gently blend a peachy transition shade into the crease.
- Using a slightly darker shade, a peachy tan color maybe, apply on the outer half of the lid area. Using a different brush, blend the two colors together.
- Next, apply a darker terracotta color and deepen the crease and outer lid area, making sure to blend and diffuse as you go. You can concentrate the color closer to the lash line to give the eyes more depth.
- Using the first and lightest color, blend along the lower lashline. Follow a similar pattern as for the upper lid, using the next darkest shade, then the darkest, to intensify the eyeshadow. Focus darker colors closer to the lash line and blend the lightest colors out more.
- Next, take one of the shimmery colors in your palette and apply to the lid, focusing on the middle and inner areas of the lid. Depending on how light or dark your shimmer is, blend and apply your transition shades as necessary.
- Using a light shimmer color, like a champagne or gold, apply on the inner corner of the eye.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara or false eyelashes, like usual. For this look, we love a fluffy, soft lash like the Essential Faux Mink Deluxe Lash in Muse.
- To bring the look together, apply one of the shades from our Notorious Liquid Lip Dark Set. This formula is sure to last you all night eating and drinking with minimal touch ups (if at all)!
- Finish it all off with a couple spritzes of setting spray and a touch of highlighter on the cheekbones, nose bridge, and brow bones.
For an extra pop, apply Star Party liquid glitter eyeshadow on the eyelids or lips!
Our favorite palettes for this look (Click on images for direct links):
For more Thanksgiving and fall makeup inspiration, take a look at our Instagram.